The RewardRead More
The RewardRead More
The Sermon on the Mount - Judging Well
Clarifying the command…what kind of judging?
3 Reasons we are to be non-judgmental:
1. Being non-judgmental protects us from being judged
2. Being non-judgmental prevents us from being harmful hypocrites
3. Being non-judgmental provides us a judicious spiritRead More
To whom is this antidote given?
Why we can be sure the antidote works.
How we put it to use.
Affections: What grips your heart?
Fidelity: What holds your gaze?
Service: What gets your work?
Righteousness is meant to be seen
Righteousness is meant to be secret
Righteousness wants the right reward
We love even those who oppose us
We love in a right-side-up way
We love with an entirely new nature
Self-Centered Living is our Ruin
Self-Indifferent Living is our Call
Self-Replacement Life is our Power
The Sermon on the Mount - Faithful People
Faithfulness is defiled by the law and the world
Faithfulness is holistic in Jesus' Kingdom
Faithfulness is unique in Jesus' PeopleRead More
Jesus gives us an accurate diagnosis
Jesus gives us a proper motivation for healing
Jesus gives us an effective treatment for restoration,Read More
There's a life we all seek.
There’s a place we always look.
There’s a person who alone can deliver,Read More
Meditations on the Cross
The Necessity of the blood
The Finality of the blood
The Power of the blood
The Promise of the blood
The Freedom of the bloodRead More
Living together in Christ’s Kingdom requires harmony.
Clarity: Jesus is after harmonious obedience from the heart.
Priority: Worship must wait if we are responsible for pursuing harmony
Urgency: Great loss awaits those who neglect pursuing harmonyRead More
1. The Word of God is absolute (18-19)
2. Human Righteousness is destined to fail (20)
3. Jesus is wonderfully sufficient (17)Read More
1. The Call to be in Relationship with the World
2. The Nature of our Role with the World
Salt = Distinctiveness & Contact
Light = Illumination & Attraction
3. The Certainty of our Effect on the WorldRead More
1. The Blessed Life can only come from God
2. The Blessed Life has distinct and non-negotiable characteristics
3. We acquire these characteristics by grace alone through faith in Jesus.Read More
1. The root of our coveting is our over-desiring hear
2. The cultivation of our coveting is our pursuit of the world
3. The cure for our coveting is contentment in ChristRead More